Equipment Setup and Demonstration Procedure for the Nitromax Products
Compressed Air Requirements
NM15 min (CFM)
NM30 min (CFM)
North America - VAC
International - VAC
Current - VAC
- Place the Nitromax generator on level ground as close to the spray booth as possible.
- Connect Pressure regulator to INPUT of Heatpro200
- Set Heatpro200 securely on top of the Nitromax generator or mount vertically to spray booth wall.
- Attach heated hose to the Heatpro200 outlet
- Connect hose power
- Connect thermocouple – (ensure correct polarity !!!)
- Attach blower or other triggered device to outlet of heated hose (for air flow test)
- Connect the N2 OUT from the generator to the inlet of the Heatpro 200
- Recommended – Use the supplied PVC tubing and “push to connect” fittings
- Connect power cable to Heatpro200 – DO NOT TURN HEATER POWER ON
- Connect power cable to N2 generator – DO NOT TURN ON
- Connect compressed air from a filtered shop outlet to the “Compressed Air IN” of the N2 generator.
- Check pressure on “IN” gauge – minimum pressure required for optimal performance is 100Psi (recommended 120Psi) *** DO NOT EXCEED 140PSI***
- Gauges F1 – F5 and N2 OUT must be zero with POWER OFF
- Switch ON N2 generator
- Pressure on gauges F1 – F5 must be the same as pressure IN
- Adjust pressure switch till the solenoid turns off (orange LED OFF)
- N2 OUT pressure gauge should indicate a lower pressure than F5 (but not more than 10%)
- Adjust pressure on Heatpro regulator to 50Psi
- Power ON heater
- Adjust temperature to 125F
- Open “blower” to allow flow
- Check flow light off when air flowing
- Check temperature increasing when air flowing (IF TEMPERATURE DECREASES WHEN AIR FLOWS, THEN THERMOCOUPLE PLUG IS REVERSED)
- When preliminary test is OK, proceed as follows.
- Switch OFF power to generator and heater
- Route heated hose into the spray booth via the booth wall and add quick connect.
- Attach blower to quick connect and purge for at least 2 minutes
- Connect spray gun
- Turn ON power to heater and generator
- UNIT is now ready for Spray Painting
There are 3 fundamental direct benefits that should be proven during the demonstration:
- Transfer Efficiency – Coverage and reduction in wastage (overspray)
- Flash / Cure Time – Compare to using compressed air (time calculation – preferable to use infrared themometer)
- Finish Quality – Visual and plastic touch comparison
The best way to demonstrate the performance of the Nitromax system is to have the painter physically test the following:
- Coverage: Use a paint colour that does not cover easily – such as red or yellow
- Metallic Orientation: Silver or grey metallic is an ideal demonstration colour to show the orientation of metallic paint when using the Nitromax product
There is no change required to painter technique or application process.
The painter will notice the change in material transfer / coverage.
Use a sun gun in between coats to show the orientation of the metallic flake
Work with the painter to monitor / measure flash / cure times in between coats.
EVERY PAINTER IS DIFFERENT – ALLOW THEM TO SET UP THE SYSTEM (PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE) THAT BEST SUITS THEIR APPLICATION CHARACTERISTICS – (BUT OBVIOUSLY STAYING WITHIN OUR RECOMMENDED PARAMETERS)
Reduce Material Flow on spray gun by 20%
The improved transfer efficiency of heated nitrogen can cause an “over flow” of paint on the substrate.
CLOSE FLUID CONTROL – THEN OPEN 2 ½ TURNS
Mix 20% less Paint
The increased transfer efficiency of A + B will result in lower paint utilization. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL HAVE LESS PAINT ON THE SUBSTRATE – THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL BE WASTING LESS PAINT. (indicative in the drop in overspray)